Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sydney Harbor Bridge climb





All these pictures show the famous Sydney harbor bridge in the back ground. Chris's "crazy"
family signed us up for the night bridge climb. You basically climb to the very highest point of the
bridge where the flags are. You are hooked in to a cable that I was told afterwards would
be useless if you fell over the top. The bridge is the tallest steel bridge in the world at
close to 900ft. high above the water. I was petrified, especially walking up the 4 steep stairs that went under the
bridge. The process took about 3 hrs long. I complained a lot and almost chickened out.. but
on our family trips I am continually known as the one who will not do anything adventurous...so
I said, What the heck.. and went for it. They wouldn't let you take cameras or anything for that
matter and we wore these special wind suits decked out with a light on your head and a bunch of
other contraptions. We did buy a pic cd though that our guide took... we looked pretty terrible!
However, I will upload it when Dallas gives me a copy. I think they have a website if you
want to check it out http://www.bridgeclimb.com/
Posted by Picasa

No comments: